Thursday, January 3, 2013

Stress/Lack of Sleep/Stress/SHIT!!

In my effort to be more honest and to blog more, I'm, well, blogging two days in a row.

I'm frustrated as hell today.  December was a very busy month and I worked 21 days straight before I had a day off.  Before going into the busy schedule, I made a promise to myself to work out at least  5 days a week, and I did just that.  I focused mainly on cardio as a stress reducer and fat burner.  I'm trying to get the remainder of this weight off.  Well, I counted every calorie, good or bad, worked out, tried to get quality sleep, and focused on the positive.  At the end of the month I showed no weight loss!  How is this possible????  I turned down loads of holiday food and even made myself consume more water.

SHIT!

Well, I did some research and apparently stress can lead to weight gain and weight retention even when you're counting calories and  following a work out plan.  Well, that's just great.  Fine!  Even though I made an effort to not be maxed out, I know I was stressed.  With Nutcracker and the general holiday madness, I think I need to find a way to de-stress.  One that doesn't include alcohol or laziness.  So, this morning I organized myself.  First thing - I planned out my workouts for the next two weeks.  My gym has loads of classes and I'm going to shake up my days by doing something different every single time I step foot in that place.  I've made a calendar of workouts that I'm going to do which include cycling class and circuit training with a few days of my typical carido/strength training thrown in so that I stay on control of my "me time".

I've come so far since August and I want to get to my goal by mid spring.  I don't have unattainable numbers so it's not like I'm trying to do the impossible.  I just want to get there.  I'm lucky to have a support system and a great gym that offers a lot of options.  I wish I could afford a trainer but that gets expensive very quickly.  I know what I'm doing, I know it takes time, and I know I can do this.  I'm just frustrated today and I need to get it out of my heart so that  I can move on and move forward.  I'm very proud of the progress I've made and I don't intend on stopping any time soon.  I deserve the best me possible, and I'm going to let myself have it for once.

Woo.  Deep breath.  I just needed to get that out.

I got this.

I got this.

I got this.

UPDATE I have lost 1 pound since the holidays have finally ended.  Yay.  It's all about maintaining stress.


No comments:

Post a Comment